The Maasai Mara holds a special place in my heart. Having visited the Mara since I was a little boy, it’s my home away from home. Through our extensive network in the Maasai Mara, I can help you to organise your next safari or you can join one of our pre-arranged photosafaris.
Apart from weddings, I love creating pieces of art with my camera in the bush. Join me for a photo safari in the Maasai Mara where I will teach you how to use your camera to it’s fullest ability, take beautiful pictures of wildlife and landscapes, and understand animal behaviour to be able to capture the optimum frame. I will teach you how to compose a photograph in the most compelling manner, how to see light differently, and how to anticipate the next move.
A typical day would involve us leaving camp just before dawn, searching for tracks and signs of wildlife presence. This is often in the direction of the lion roars and hyena calls that we would have heard at night. It is the perfect chance to see the big cats as they are usually active in the early hours.As the temperature warms up, we would return back to camp for a hearty brunch. Depending on sightings, we would either head straight back out or have lunch at the lodge, and then head out.
The afternoon game drive usually starts at about 4pm and as the sun wanes, the animals start becoming more active as well. We would capture stunning savannah sunsets and silhouettes before heading back to camp for a delicious dinner. Of course, no 2 days are the same in the bush and often times we have been known to remain out on drives the whole day (for example if we are anticipating a hunt). Throughout the day, I have one aim – to ensure that I constantly coach you with the skills needed to capture stunning images.
Some highlights of our photosafaris;
- Photographers of all abilities welcome
- Maximum of 4 photographers in a long wheelbase fully open Safari Landcruiser
- Includes ground transport from Nairobi to Mara and back
- Unlimited game drives
- Expert local Maasai guide/ driver who is trained for wildlife photography
- Accommodation at a boutique lodge in the heart of Maasai Mara – very short distances to travel for photography
- Totally flexible itinerary depending on client needs and sightings on the day
- Light touch editing tutorials to make your great images even better
- Ongoing support after the safari
Contact me if you are interested in one of our pre-arranged photo safaris or need help booking your next Maasai Mara safari – Let me show you Maasai Mara the Cheka way!